So it happened, I woke up sick, just like I thought I would yesterday. At 5am, my alarm clock woke me only to make me realize that all my body needed was rest. Sometimes it happens and the best you can do is, well, REST! So back to bed I went until 8AM. Much needed.
The only thing I was looking forward to today was trying out FlapJacked Cinnamon Apple Protein Pancake mix. I had been thinking of different toppings I could do and since this week is no-dairy week, I had to be a bit more inventive. Then came the best pancakes I’ve ever had. Seriously. SERIOUSLY. Ladies and gents, I give you my Apple Crumble Pancakes!
1/2 cup Cinnamon Apple FlapJacked Protein Pancake Mix
1/3 cup cold water
1/2 chopped apple (I used Honey Crips)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Muesli (I used Good For You Fruit and Nut)
2tbsp Walden Farms Caramel Sauce
1. Mix your FlapJacked mix with 1/3 cup of cold water and set aside
2. Spray a saucepan with non-stick spray or use 1/2tsp coconut oil and place heat on medium
3. Once saucepan is heated, add in your chopped apple and stir often until apples are soft and golden brown
4. Mix in your cinnamon and muesli and set aside
5. Cook your pancakes as you normally would, I mix the batter in three
6. Once your pancakes are done, place one pancakes on your plate and top off with 1tbsp of your syrup of choice, I used Walden Farm Caramel Sauce as it was what I had on hand, however you can skip syrups all together!!
7. Once you reach your last pancake, top off with your apple “crumble”
8. Dig IN my friends!
After my first bite, I said, and I QUOTE, “I don’t think I’m even going to like my own protein pancakes after this….FlapJacked what have you done to me???” I’ve got today’s TrulyDaily is prove that too;)
Happy Pancake Eating!
What’s your favourite pancake topping?