Oh Hi loves!
Long time no post – oops! You know the story…busy busy busy…blah blah blah but let’s concentrate on the positive shall we? Yes? Great!
First – I’ve been feeling awesome lately. I’ve already mentioned that 2012 was year filled with ups and downs…downs being weight gain. Yeap it happened but what I decided to do about it is to work my booty off and do is a healthy way. No crazy restrictions just tracking my meals and MOVING! I’m finally seeing some results and feeling STONG! If you follow me on instagram, then you probably already saw this picture but just in case you’re not, lets get to it!!
Small progress is progress! But don’t you just love FEELING and SEEING the changes when you put on that same t-shirt? Ahh best feeling!
Ok now it’s get to some new recipes I’ve done this week! First up…Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Batter - woah
1/2 cup oats
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup egg whites
3tbsp Chocolate PB2 or 1tbsp of any nut butter
Cinnamon, to taste
Stevia, to taste
1. Mix your oats and water in a saucepan on your stovetop on medium high heat
2. Once your oats have thickened and are cooked, add in your egg whites and mix
3. After about 2 minutes your eggs should be cooked. Once they are, turn your burner off and add in your cinnamon, stevia and Chocolate PB2 or any nut butters of choice
4. Either have it warm right away or place in the fridge overnight or before heading to the gym to enjoy cold for breakfast (I prefer it cold)!
I topped my peanut butter “batter” with 1tbsp of Chocolate Nuttzo. This was my first time trying Nuttzo and I have to say I’m a fan! I recently purchased two jars when Kristin, aka STUFT Mama, raved about it! She would put it on top of all of her delicious concoction!!! I knew I had to try it and low and behold – it’s a winner! If you like crunchy nut butters – you’ll love Nuttzo!
That’s the stats without the Nuttzo butter btw;)
The batter is honestly amazing. Hardly any ingredients and BAM you got yourself a winning recipe! And if you’re not fond of egg whites…SKIP it! I won’t make you have it;)
Next up….Sweet Potato Quinoa!! I was feeling extra creative today and wanted a filling and YUMMY lunch!
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup boiled sweet potato
30g goat cheese
10g walnuts (all I had left)
1/2 cup scrambled egg whites
4 pitted prunes (all I had on hand, I would use apricots OR cranberries)
Cinnamon to taste
1. Mix your desired amount of cinnamon to your quinoa
2. Mix all ingredients together and enjoy warm or cold!
Ok so I know this mix is SO random but it was DELICIOUS and filling!! Next time I would definitely use a dried fruit with more flavour such as apricots or cranberries! So yum!! Another good fat to add could be avocado!! I had none on hand so I stuck with the walnuts!
On that note, it’s definitely bed time for me! I hope you’re all having a fantastic day!