First – I apologize for the late post! I’ve been so busy with TrulyDaily and creating new video ideas (and having so much fun doing so) that it sometimes takes me away from updating this little blog of mine;) Fear not, I always make sure to return;)
As promised, I’m here to talk Layered Protein Oats 2.0 aka the Protein Powder-Free version of my first version. Whats great about this recipe is you can have it either warm (eat it right away) OR have it cold (place it in the fridge overnight) OR over-gym-time
1/2 cup oats
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 jar banana baby food or 1/4 cup pure pumpkin (you may omit)
3/4 cup non fat greek yogurt
3tbsp Chocolate PB2 OR 1tbsp cocoa
Stevia to taste
Cinnamon to taste
1. In sauce pan, place your oats and water and bring to boil
2. Once your oats are thick and cooked, add in your egg whites and mix
3. After 3-5 mins your eggs will be fully cooked, you will then add in your banana puree or pure pumpkin along with your stevia and cinnamon and set aside(you may, however, omit the puree all together) a
4. In a mixing bowl, mix your greek yogurt along with your Chocolate PB2 OR you may use 1tbsp of cocoa powder if you don’t have powdered peanut butter. Once fully mixed, add in a few drops of stevia or any other sweetener of choice
5. You now have the option of placing both your oats and “greek yogurt layer” in the fridge separately (that’s my favourite way of having it). Once you’re ready to have it, layer your oats and greek yogurt in a clear glass bowl/cup or anything you wish!
6. If you want it right away, have it warm and layer it up! This version is also great and melts the greek yogurt mix to a deletable consistency!
Sometime this week I’ll be posting my recipe for a protein powder free Coco Protein Cake For One! Therefore Coco Protein Cake 2.0
Hope you all had an amazing weekend and I’ll see you soon!