You were excited about this recipe and I’m so happy I can finally share it with you! If you didn’t know already, my very best friend’s name is Jenn and we both share a common love for health, fitness and delicious high protein foods. What you didn’t know I liked protein? What blog have you bee following?? I kid
But in all seriousness…let’s get to this delicious…yet not very appealing looking Zucchini Protein Bread! (I promise I was even shocked of how GOOD this was! Sorry Jenn, tis the truth)
3/4 cup egg whites
1 scoop protein powder
1/2tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
Stevia, to taste (depending on your protein powder you may not need this)
1/4 cup pure pumpkin (if your zucchini is already very watery, you do NOT need this as it will make the bread too mushy)
1. Preheat your oven at 385
2. Grate your zucchini and set aside
3. In a mixing bowl place your egg whites, protein powder, cocoa powder and stevia and mix
4. Add your grated zucchini to your mix
5. Grease a pan of your choice with coconut oil (or any other oils). Make sure to grease well to ensure the bread doesn’t stick to your pan
6. Depending on how deep your pan is and how THICK your batter is in the pan, you will need to bake your bread for 25-45 mins (My pan was very big, which made my bread very thin, therefore it took 25 mins only). I will ensure to remake the recipe in a different pan and update this recipe:)
This will create two GENEROUS servings. Depending on your protein powder, the calorie count will differ. My version, using Magnum Quattro Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder comes to 134 cals per serving with a whooping 27.2g of protein, 1.6g of fibre, 6.3g of carbs and 0.7g of fat. Not too shabby! It’s simply amazing. So little ingredients yet a LARGE amount of GREENS in one serving (half a zucchini!)
Now that we have the recipe out in the world wide web (thanks Jenn!) and I just so happen to bring up Magnum Quattro, I know you’re all waiting to see who won the #Distance13 prize pack! And THANK YOU for everyone that entered! You all seem to want to get your hands on some Magnum Swag (who wouldn’t)! First, lets show the random number generator I used….
Again, thank you so much for everyone participating in this giveaway and fear not I will have more giveaways in the future! But most importantly don’t forget our Twitter Party Tonight!! Let’s CELEBRATE your January #Distance13 achievements of your upcoming goals for February!
#Distance13 Twitter Party
Anyone is welcome to join the chat. Just use the hashtag #distance13. You can use the search function in Twitter.com, Tweetdeck, or the best option for a chat is Tweetchat.com. If you’ve never been on a Twitter Chat before this is the best time to join. Myself, Morgan and Robyn will be hosting and talking about how your fitness plans went in January and what your goals are for the rest of the year.
Follow us on Twitter:
- @DarwinianFail **** Krysten is still recovering from her surgery and will be with us only in spirit this evening, please do tweet her your “get well soon” messages
If you have any questions about the Twitter Party leave me a comment or email Morgan morgan.shuker AT gmail.com
Hope to talk to you guys tonight!! Let’s talk GOALS! Let’s MOTIVATE each other! We got this!!! 1 month down, 11 months to go. Let’s make 2013 a year to REMEMBER!