If you’ve been following my TrulyDaily vlogs, then you’ll know I’m working on adding all of the recipes I’ve been sharing on them to this blog. I even added a tab on the main page for easy recipe finds:) I’m trying!
So as promised, here comes my recipe for Protein Chocolate, which can most definitely be created into many different types of Chocolate. One being…Protein Almond Bark!
1. Melt 1.5 tbsp of coconut oil
2. In a bowl, mix in your cocoa and protein powder until fully mixed with the oil. If your mix is very thick, add more coconut oil. You want the mix to be liquid so it hardens properly
3. Add in your almonds or anything you wish! Coconut, blueberries…anything!
4. Place your bowl in the freezer for at least 15 mins
5. Place a knife in the middle of your chocolate and the “bark” will break into pieces easily. If you’re having a hard time breaking the chocolate, you may need to leave it in the fridge longer:)
Guys this is by far one of my favourite snacks. Why? It makes me feel like I’m cheating! It’s chocolate! But at the same time, I’m having good fats (coconut oil and almonds) and having protein (which keeps me full). Win win!
Have you tried to make your own chocolate? What did you add in?
Get creative and enjoy!