Oh you read that right! And let me tell you this beauty will NOT disappoint! Oh not at all. Let me just start by showing you the best protein waffle there ever was…
On my way home from the gym this morning, I got to start thinking of breakfast and I wanted to do something different than my go-to-protein fudge, so came the Apple Strudel Protein Waffle!
It all started with my regular Protein Waffle Recipe
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup egg whites
1tbsp pure pumpkin
Stevia to taste
1. Coat your waffle maker with coconut oil and heat
2. While your waffle maker is heating, mix all dry ingredients, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix
3. Once your waffle maker is ready, pour the batter in and close
4. This isn’t waffle won’t take long to cook. 3-5 mins MAX! Make sure to check on it!
And now…it’s time for la piece de resistance!!! The Apple Strudel Protein FROSTING!
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Magnum Quattro in Vanilla Ice Cream)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 apple, chopped
1. Heat 1/2tsp of coconut oil on your stovetop
2. Once oil is melted, throw your chopped pieces of apple and cook until golden brown and soft
3. Sprinkle some cinnamon and mix until lightly coated, set aside
4. In a small mixing bowl, place your protein along with cinnamon and mix
5. Add in melted coconut oil along with 2tbsp of water and mix
6. If mixture is still thick continue to add water (1tbsp at a time) until desired consistency 7. Mix in your cinnamon apple pieces and top your waffle!
8. Be ready to enjoy the best waffle you ever tasted…really
Seriously guys – this by far is my best recipe. If you’re on this blog for the first time…start with THIS one! You can easily do a protein pancake with the same batter as this recipe and enjoy an awesome breakfast or lunch or dinner, hey I’m not judging;) Hey you could even have the frosting on it’s own;)
On a completely, yet still as brilliant note, have you thought about your #Distance13 goals for this week? I certainly have, I plan on running/cross training a minimum of 25 miles this week. And you KNOW I already started, 5 miles DONE just this morning;) What are your goals this week?