I can’t believe I’ve been doing Dr Alejandro Junger’s CLEAN program for 13 days already! Time flies when you eat delicious food:) In all honesty, this program is WORTH it. I’m not even done and I already feel all of the benefits. To sum it up, I’ve created a list with some of the changes I’m experiencing:
This is going to be hard to explain but everything seems so simple and questions I’ve been asking myself before, all the answers I was looking for are so clear to me now.
You know that feeling when you first wake up? When you feel so light? I feel that ALL DAY!
I wake up every morning completely alert and wide eyed, most of the time before my alarm clock kicks in! No coffee required!
No Snack attack
Let’s face it, it’s easy to snack when you’re bored or dehydrated but on this program I have three main meals and have water/tea throughout the day. This has helped remove SO many unnecessary calories I was consuming (hello Almond Butter jar!)
I’ve never really had any problems with my skin but I can definitely tell I have a bit more of a GLOW to it naturally!
No afternoon crash for this girl! I feel good all day up until bed time:)
My stomach is definitely feeling and looking flatter and I mean, who doesn’t want that?
As you know I don’t weigh myself but I certainly have some item of clothing I kep trying on to check my progress and on Monday, I decided to try on some pants that haven’t fit me well since May and what do you know, they FIT WELL! This led me to try on some dresses and shorts and they too, fit GREAT! Now THAT is a motivator to keep going!
That’s some of the main changes that come to mind. And with every good thing, there is always some challenges and as I’m always real with you, here are the challenges I face:
No Sweet Potatoes
I LOVE them and it wouldn’t be a huge deal if I didn’t have them in the house but Andrew makes some quite often. As a matter of fact, he made them on Sunday night and my shake was definitely not as appealing to me anymore, BUT I stuck through it!
As my blog kinda gives it away, I’m very much into fitness and being on the clean program, I need to reduce my amount of exercise in order to provide my body with the energy to detox. If I were to do my workouts as normal, all the energy would then be used for it and less would be left for the actual detox. I need to learn NOT to feel guilty about giving my body a bit of a break.
Yeap, that was a biggy for me but honestly, after the first few days, it wasn’t that bad! Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t know if I’ll give it up FOREVER. We’ll see how it goes but for now, I feel great without it:)
Another burning question, what am I eating? Lots of shakes, lots of veggies and protein! Variety is KEY. so I always switch it up! And as promised, I’m now going to share with you some of the recipes of my shakes/meal from the past week and in order to keep this blog post from becoming too long, I’ll share my SOLID meals today and SHAKES tomorrow.
Curried Veggie Fries
1tbsp coconut oil
1tsp curry powder
dash of salt
1. Preheat oven at 420 and peel and cut veggies in sticks
2. Place veggies in mixing bowl and add melted coconut oil, curry, cinnamon and sea salt
3. Once fries are all coated, place on greased baking pan and sprinkle more curry powder and place in oven for 25-30 min (make sure to check on them)
4. take out of the oven when roasted and enjoy right away or pack for lunch:)
Guilt-Free Vegan “CHEESE” Sauce
*This is adapted from Oh She Glow’s Recipe, I didn’t have all her ingredients so I switch it up!*
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
6 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp chickpea flour
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Melt Coconut oil in sauce pan on stove top at medium-high
2. In a mixing bowl mix the flour and milk and add it to your melted coconut oil and mix well
3. Add your nutritional yeast, dijon and garlic powder and keep mixing until sauce is thick!!!
As it’s not my own recipe, you can definitely access the full recipe on the Clean Blog here.
Clean Curry Chicken
1. Preheat oven at 400 and coat your baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Place your raw chicken breasts on the coated baking dish and set aside
3. Place your 2 tbsp of coconut oil and melt in sauce pan over stove top on low-medium heat
4. Once oil is melted, move away from heat and mix in the rest of the ingredients (save for the stevia)
5. Taste your curry sauce and add stevia to your liking, I added a few drops for a sweet curry taste!
6. Spoon your sauce on top of your chickens so that they are all coated
7. Place in oven for 35 mins or until fully cooked and enjoy with any sides!
Almond Butter Parsnip Fries
1. Preheat oven at 400 and grease a baking sheet with oil (I used coconut)
2. Cut your parsnip into fries, set aside
3. In mixing bowl, mix your oil, dash of salt and almond butter until fully blended
4. Take your “fries” and place in your bowl and mix until all fries are well coated
5. Put your coated fries on your baking sheet and place in your oven for 30-35 mins or until golden brown
6. ENJOY! They are so good!
Yikes! That’s a post LOADED with recipes if there ever was one! All recipes above are BEYOND delicious and fully CLEAN! Win, Win in my books:)
Now that we’ve got my favourite SOLID meals done today, get ready for some delicious GREEN shake recipes in tomorrow’s post:)