Happy Saturday! Hope you all started off your weekend on a high note, I know I certainly did!
Last night I had the house to myself (Andrew was out with friends and my friend was coming over after dinner) so I cleaned up the house and made myself a killer dinner, Coconut Flax Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Chilli Spiced Sweet Potato Fries…yeap, that happened. Will be sharing the recipe tomorrow;)
For now, I wanted to share with you my finally perfected Sugar Free Coconut Pancake recipe!! With some tweaking over the last week, I’ve finally got a great version this morning…with a side of bacon, of course!
1. Melt 1/2tbsp of coconut oil in microwave save bowl
2. Once your coconut oil is melted mix in your wet ingredients and set aside
3. In a separate bowl, mix your coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder
4. Add your dry mixture to your egg mix
5. Stir all ingredients until mix is thick (texture will be close to apple sauce)
6. Heat sprayed pan on stove top
7. When pan is heated, pour 1/3 of your pancake mix and cook as you would regular pancakes. Make sure to flip the pancake carefully and repeat!
These pancakes were so light and fluffy and the best part? No need for syrup!! You could, however, add some if you’d like or even drizzle some almond/peanut butter! The possibilities are ENDLESS! But one thing’s for sure…the base (the pancakes) are just right:)
I can’t believe I’ve never added coconut oil TO my batter until I created my Sugar Free Coconut Cake, it truly makes any pancakes fluffy!! I would even suggest to add some to any of my protein pancakes! Coconut Oil = Fluffy Pancakes <3
What a way to start off my Saturday morning:) Perfect way to fuelled up for a day filled with errands, workouts (got cardio and weight training to do) as well as a long walk with my beautiful Annabelle <3 I love it!