Happy Sunday! Well actually, it’s Saturday night for me but I have an early wake up call tomorrow morning. Got to do head to the Run for the Cure at 8AM for a 5K run with the Booty Camp Fitness team!
I ended up taking a second rest day today. Since I’ve instructed more camps in the last two weeks, I think my body needed the break. I first woke up at 6am this morning to get a workout in but as soon as I started, I knew I wasn’t “in the zone” and sometimes it’s OKAY to take an extra rest day. I ended up running a lot of errands and walking a whole lot with my two loves, A&A <3
As I promised on my Saturday post, it’s time to share with you my Coconut Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken!
1. Cut raw chicken breast in half, lengthwise
2. Place desired amount of goat cheese on top of one chicken breast “half” and top with second piece of chicken, press down and set aside
3. Place 1/4 cup of egg whites in shallow bowl, set aside
4. Mix 1 tbsp of coconut flour and 1/2 tsp of ground flax and place on a plate
5. Take your goat cheese stuffed chicken and fully coat with egg whites by dipping your chicken both sides in your shallow bowl
6. When fully coated, dip in your coconut mix (both sides) until fully coated in coconut goodness
7. Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil on stop top
8. Once oil is heated, place your chicken and keep on heat until fully cooked (flipping to other side once one side is cooked).
9. Enjoy with any side of on its own!
1. Preheat oven at 420
2. Cut sweet potato into fries and place in deep mixing bowl
3. Melt 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
4. Drizzle coconut oil on top of fries and add in chilli powder and salt, mix well
5. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of a cooking sheet
6. Scatter your coated fries on top of the parchment paper, making sure no fries are on top of each other (to ensure they cook perfectly)
7. Place cooking sheet in oven for 30-40 minutes (checking the fries after 20 minutes, flipping them over)
8. Remove from oven once fries are golden brown:)
Perfect Friday night dinner for one:) Why not treat yourself to a great meal? I fully enjoyed my night and the extra effort of cooking this meal was definitely worth it. I even poured water in a wine glass for the occasion!
Why not? I’ve been alcohol free for over a month now (7 weeks to go!). If you’re new to this page you may not know that I decided to give up alcohol after my boyfriend’s birthday to further my results before our romantic vacay to Aruba in November). Well this week was one of those weeks where a glass of wine would of been amazing so I decided to use a glass of wine to enjoy my water:) It’s the little things!
Friday night amazingness…check!
Hope you’re all having a fabulous Sunday morning and I’ll see you all tomorrow for week 2 of the Bikini Bod Challenge! Oh and if you missed yesterday’s Sugar Free Coconut Pancakes, I urge you to check it out…you won’t regret it;)