Call me crazy but the time off blogging truly made me appreciate it that much more! It also revived my creative juices when it comes to creating recipes! I’m non-stop lately! And today is no different as this morning was quite the delicious YET clean breakfast…
Oh yes my friends, I went there. If you’ve been following me for a while you know that Protein Pancakes have been a go-to for me. I mean what’s not to love? They are clean, high in protein and make you feel like you’re back home having Sunday breakfast with your family. Ok maybe not exactly but it’s certainly reminiscent and as we ARE in fact Sunday, I decided to re-vamp my original recipe to add more pizzaz. And friends, this is HANDS down one of the best pancake recipe I have EVER had. No lie.
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes with Coconut Protein Fudge
Ingredients For Pancake
1 scoop protein powder (I used Natural New Zealand Whey – no flavour)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup egg whites
1.5 tbsp pure pumpkin
Ingredients For Coconut Protein Fudge
1 scoop Protein Powder (I used PB Cookie Protizyme)
1 tbsp carob powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
Stevia drops to taste
1. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil on pan
2. While oil is heating, mix your protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon
3. Once all dry ingredients blended, add in your pure pumpkin and egg whites
4. When oil is melted, place half of your batter on the pan and cook as you would a regular pancake
5. While pancake is cooking, time to make your coconut protein fudge! Place 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil in a small mixing boil and mix in your protein powder and carob powder. Depending on your protein powder, you will begin to add 1tbsp of water and mixing. Make sure to thoroughly mix before adding more water to ensure your “fudge” is not too watery. Taste your “fudge” before adding stevia, if you wish to sweeten it, add stevia to taste
6. Once pancakes are cooked, spread your Coconut Protein Fudge on and sprinkle your pancakes with cinnamon for taste and presentation
7. DIG IN!
So so so SO delicious. The pancakes were light and fluffily and the fudge was TRULY a fudge consistency! It TASTED like fudge! This was decadent without adding unnecessary sugar, fat and empty calories! These babies are filled with protein, GOOD fats and good carbs. Perfect way to begin your morning!
Happy Sunday my loves <3