I hope everyone’s weekend is off to a great start! Mine certainly is. I began the day with a great breakfast followed by a run to my 3rd training session, which kicked my booty. I then walked around on the look out for a backpack I could comfortably run with. You see where I train is quite close to my house (15-20 mins run) and because of this I just know I should run there instead of taking the street car, I mean…why not? So why the backpack? When I train in the morning during the week, I go straight to work right after. So I need to bring a change of clothes, my prepped meals, etc.
I got lucky and found a cute and affordable one! Success! The rest of the afternoon included a lunch with my love (I ordered a Salad with Cooked Turkey) and a walk around our neighbourhood with our fur baby Annabelle. It was quite the perfect way to start the weekend.
And the perfection continued for dinner tonight. I had been craving quiches all week so I decided to try making my own version!
Mini Turkey Bacon Quiches
Makes 2 servings
1/4 cup egg whites
4 turkey bacon strips
1 tsp Coconut Oil
Spicy Guacamole Ingredients
Sriracha Hot Sauce to taste
1. Preheat oven at 400
2. Heat 1tsp of coconut oil on pan
3. Once the oil has melted, place 4 strips of turkey bacon to your heated pan
4. While bacon is cooking, beat your eggs and egg whites in a mixing bowl
5. Once bacon is cooked, cut into small pieces and add to egg mix along with your desired amount of Italian Spices (you may omit the spice or switch it to another spice of your choice)
6. Take a mini muffin pan and grease with coconut oil
7. Once your muffin pan is all greased, add your egg mixture
8. Place in oven for 25 minutes or until the top of your quiches are golden brown
9. For guacamole, mash 1/2 avocado and mix in your desired amount of Sriracha hot sauce
When your quiches are cooked, top off with your homemade spicy guacamole
The good news? I still have 6 mini quiches left for tomorrow:) If the weather holds up Andrew and I are going on a bike ride to lakeshore for a romantic Sunday picnic and THESE babies are coming with me along with more healthy goodies. Will definitely take pictures, so let’s hope the weather continues to be amazing.
Ok I’m off to some evening cuddles while watching Batman Begins. We’re going to see The Dark Knight Rises on Tuesday so we’re re-watching the 1st and 2nd Batman movies of that Trilogy. Does anybody else do that? Is it just us?
I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday evening! Remember to share your #CHANGE successes on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook! We’re already getting so much interest and it’s BEYOND exciting! Truly the start of something great:)