I had a very late night yesterday (very busy at work – which is always a good thing) but that didn’t stop me from waking up at 6 am to not only make a new recipe but film one too. I’ve been slacking with my “Cooking with Jess” videos and I KNEW I’d need to add this new recipe to my video repertoire. Yes, I knew before making it that it would be a hit. I just had a hunch;)
*If you’d like to see the video for this recipe, you may watch it here*
Back tracking a bit, my friend and fellow Fitfluential Ambassador, Nicole, owns a company called Pure Bliss Eats. I was taking a quick look at her healthy, clean and nutritious foods and her Instant Boost Chocolate Balls instantly got my attention – I then did what any normal person would and placed an order stat. Good NEWS! They arrived last night and they were the inspiration behind today’s breakfast! So ladies and gents, I give you my…..
Instant Boost Protein Pancake
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use New Zealand Whey)
1/4 cup egg whites
2 tbsp milled flax seeds
1 tsp coconut oil
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
2 tbsp water (less or more depending on your protein powder)
Few Stevia drops (to taste)
1 instant boost chocolate ball, crumbled
1. Mix protein powder, flax and egg whites in bowl and set aside (if mixture really thick, add a bit more egg whites)
2. Place 1 tsp coconut oil on stovetop over medium-high heat
3. Once coconut oil is melted and spread over your pan, place pancake mixture and cook
4. While pancake is cooking and in a separate bowl, mix your melted coconut oil, stevia and water. Please mix in your water 1 tbsp at a time (depending on your protein powder texture, you might need more, you might need less).
5. Once pancake is ready, drizzle your protein “sauce” on top of it
6. And for la piece de resistance, crumble one Instant Protein Chocolate Ball on top (oh yes, I went there).
Now let’s take a closer look at this protein ball…